CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another New Year...

Happy New Year! I'm a bit late on wishing everyone a Happy New Year...lol! We had a wonderful Christmas. It was nice to spend time with all of our family & friends. Tim didn't have to work as much overtime this year end since he moved to a different department at work. I especially enjoyed my Christmas break. It was nice to feel rested once classes started back on on January 5th.
It is taking awhile for me to get used to my new schedule...but I think this week is going a lot better. I actually remember what classes I have today. LOL!!
There are a lot of neat classes this quarter...Radiology, Technical Practicum, Parasitology, Surgical Principles I, Animal Husbandry & Diseases II, and Anesthesia...for a total of 17 hours! In Radiology this week we got to take VD abdomen x-rays & lateral thorax x-rays. I got to go pick out the dog for our lab so of course I picked out Trixie. :o)
I really enjoy Technical Practicum! Basically each week, on Tuesdays, we go (in groups of two) to a different facility & work alongside the facilities technicians. My group (Tammy & I) went to a wonderful facility last Tuesday. Everyone was very helpful & patient. I definately would love to work in a clinic that had that kind of atmosphere. They didn't make us feel dumb if we didn't know something. :oP We were able to do draw blood & Tammy got to help take x-rays. (The cat that needed x-rays ended having a dislocated hip & a broken pelvis.) Tonight we are scheduled to go to an Emergency clinic from 6pm - 9pm. We had to schedule the Emergency clinic on our own time since they usually aren't open in the a.m. Hopefully we will get to see some interesting things & be able to help out.
I am also trying to up my work hours...so far I'm trying to average a little over 30 hours a week...20 hours just wasn't cutting it financially...So we will see how this works out. :o)
Well, I better get off here. Hopefully I will have time to post an update on tonight's emergency clinic visit.

Here's a picture of the cat's Christmas present.

I had to move it to the sunroom since there wasn't any room for it in the house. LOL!

...especially since I got the rats a new bigger & better home!! One of my fellow students (thank you Laura!!!) found two used ferret cages really cheap. She only need one for her rats & asked if I need the other. The rats really like their new home!

1 comments:

Lisa Holloway Slater said...

Hi Sis. It sounds like you are having quite the start to your new year. You are one busy lady! I hope all is well with you and your hubby. Thanks for your prayers.

Love you,
Lisa